Saturday, December 13, 2008

An Ugly Stella Canvas Weekend

All week I've been stuck at home sick.
You'd think I would have done this blog already.

Truth is I've been busy making end of the year goodies.
My end of the year blog is going to be a little different this year.
It's not your same old lists and bullet points.
Well, there will be lists and bullet points too.
Onward...


Stella

I went to see Stella last weekend with Matt and Stephanie. If you haven't heard of it before, it's Michael Ian Black's old comedy group with comedians Michael Showalter and David Wain. If you don't know who Michael Ian Black is, then stop reading my blog.

The show was great. The opener, Kumail Nanjiani, was even really entertaining, which in my experience doesn't happen much at comedy shows.

Ugly Sweater Party

Saturday I hung out at Dwight all night for Hannah's Ugly Sweater 20th birthday party. It was a ton of fun, I met a ton of awesome people and saw some sweet sweaters. Mine however, I was quickly informed, was not ugly. Yeah I cheated and wore an H&M sweater. Oops!

Hannah the birthday girl, and I


The ladies

Kurty and I

The Spill Canvas


Last minute all 4 people who were supposed to go to the in store with me canceled out. I understand why though, as all of us were at the Ugly Sweater Party and were all feeling pretty rough the next day. But I wasn't going to give up just yet. I called Claire, who doesn't even like Spill Can and talked her into coming with me. She agreed and we headed to the Best Buy. We arrived to find a whole group of 15 year old girls with braces looking as excited as ever. Nick and Dan walked in and we almost went deaf with their shrieks, and customers looked at the group confused. I was hoping for a good five or six song acoustic thing but we only ended up getting 3 or 4. After they stayed for meet and greets, but alas I've met them time and time again so Claire and I headed home.


After only a hour or so I had to head out again to see Spill Canvas and OneRepublic at House of Blues. I was in panic mode because I was late to meet Mike, the bus was taking forever to come, and last minute I realized I had my camera on me and no cash to check it with. So I ended up driving and hoping for the best. To my delight, there is free street parking on Sundays down there and I got a spot right at Dearborn and Wacker. Spill Canvas played a short but great set as always, to a totally packed room. The place was compeletely sold out and we were forced to stand by the stairs and get pushed around from everyone coming and going. OneRepublic was okay. At least two songs that they played I could have sworn were The Fray songs but apparently not. By the end of the set I was definitely over it.



No comments: